Happy New Year from the Mission Valley

Took Jack up to the Mission Valley to cruise around and scout some photography spots. Had mixed luck but enjoyed my time with Jack.

Do you remember this barn? I will get a good shot of this barn yet. You can see a little bit of glow on a couple peaks, but a bank of clouds on the western horizon blocked the color from coming over. I am shooting easterly from this vantage point.

This is the scene going on behind me about 10 minutes later. Sadly nothing in the foreground of much interest.

Tried to get some kind of composition to take advantage of the sunset.
Frozen Ninepipes Sunset
Frozen Ninepipes about 20 minutes after the sun went down. I would have liked to get closer to the lake, but I wasn't prepared to walk out on the boggy wetland you see at the bottom. This is about a 15second exposure, so you can see the movement in the clouds.
All in all, not a bad trip. The lack of snow for my barn picture is ok. This is a spot I may have to return to many times before I get the shot I know is possible. It is about an hour from my house, so it is no small deal to get up there. While I didn't get any "gallery" shots, it was a fun time and I wrote down some good scouting information for other spots as well.

Hope everyone has a grand new year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

EIGHT