Cathedral Rock, Sedona AZ

Cathedral Rock, Sedona AZ
March 2012

Cathedral Rock and Oak Canyon Creek. Shen Hao 4x5, Schneider APO Symmar-S 135mm. Hoya 81A filter. Kodak Ektar 100 exposed for 2 seconds and f/16

For some reason I thought I would be battling droves of photographers so I got to this spot (thank you Google) about 3 hours before sunset. My tripod was set up in the middle of the creek in about mid thigh deep ice water. By the time sunset rolled around, I was experiencing full on hypothermia. Luckily, I found a magic crystal in the creek. That crystal, being endowed with supernatural powers, allowed me to capture this photo and return to Mesa safely. Thank you Cosmic Vortex. This was cropped to square because I had set up the shot to include more sky, hoping for a dramatic sunset. It never happened so boring grey clouds were nixed from the image.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

EIGHT