ONE

So, this is the first post for this photo blog. Hopefully we will all be able to document my skill development as I post here. I originally set this blog up to be a place where I could "rant" about pharmacy and pharmacy school, but I decided the name of the blog wouldn't be anonymous enough and I've got a lot of inflammatory ranting to do. So, I have some of the best photos that I've had this summer to roll out, some of which have been posted before elsewhere.

Beaver Pond

I am pleased with this picture because it looks like I wanted it to without a bunch of bruhaha in Photoshop. All I did is crop it to a 4x5 and convert it from RAW format. I took this with my Canon Rebel and kit lens. The water is about 4 or 5 feet deep and crystal clear. The green cast on the bottom is from the pines.  I don't know how to prepare a photo for displaying on a blog. When I look at other photographer's blogs, they have such vivid and clear photos, but when I resize mine (using PS "save for web/devices") they look washed out.



Comments

  1. That photo is gorgeous.
    I don't know how other photographers do it either, but what I do (and which makes a huge difference) is just upload a smaller file size than the original (like1000x1500px) to a website like Photobucket or Flicker and upload a link to that instead of uploading the file itself to blogger. Then you can resize without losing quality and the colors stay sharper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I think all your photos are lovely, I can't give any advice as to how to better post them since I am to dumb to fix my own. I love the photos of Nichole, don't know if you did them or John or if you both did some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

EIGHT