SIX

I took the family up to Lolo Pass rest area to play in the first snowfall of the season. When we got up there it was raining and only the higher peaks were getting snow. But, since we were there we went in and had some hot chocolate and relaxed. I should add that the Lolo Pass rest stop may be the coolest rest stop in America. As we sat inside watching a movie about grizzlies, the rain turned over to big flat flakes. I bet they get pounded overnight! I decided to post some non-reflection pics tonight.


Blue Green Pines
I had my G10 with, which takes pictures with great image quality. The shots come out with lots of contrast and almost feel like HDR pictures. The shot above is cropped with no post-processing other than using Adobe RAW to convert the file to jpeg. The first picture below was cropped but had very little PP done on it, just a little bump in saturation and sharpening when I converted from RAW.

First Snow on Pines
I decided to try some more extreme processing and ended up spending a few hours that I really don't have playing around. Oh well, that therapeutics test shouldn't be THAT hard.

Monet
Acid Washed Infrared
I'm thinking of trying to print the "Monet" version on art canvas at 16x 20 to see how it looks. It is hard to tell on screen or when I print it at 4x5. I guess I like the IR version too. Good thing I got the large format printer.

Comments

  1. The first photo is my favorite, I can't believe how blue the trees are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

EIGHT