TWENTY

As I have done photography over the years, I've come to the realization that I like to do landscapes because I control everything. I like methodical, slow, and measured. For those of you who know me best, that may be surprising since that is not how I really go about my life day-to-day. Maybe it is therapeutic so I can avoid Focusyn. Additionally, no flowers have ever had their special day ruined by my bad pictures, so I don't ever feel any pressure. This is one of the reasons I don't really want to do wedding photos for money. Yesterday though, I got to take pictures of one of our friend's wedding. It was nice because I really had no pressure and it was easy because they are gorgeous. It is easy to take nice looking pictures of beautiful people.

kayla-6129

kayla-6127

I wonder why digital cameras all shoot in the 4 x 6 aspect ratio. The more I shoot, the more 4 x 5 appeals to me. The composition is more pleasing to my eye. I need to start keeping that in mind when I shoot on a more consistent basis. I did on lot of the photos of the couple, and I think it made a difference knowing that a chunk of each end was coming off.

LOOK! I'm Married

kayla-6115

Kayla's Bouquet

kayla-6035

kayla-6017

Look at these two. It is like working with wedding magazine models. Plus they are both entertainers so no need to keep saying "smile" over and over. It was a lovely day and we had a good time.



Of course, I also had to take some pictures of things, not just people. Boy in the first one below, I wish I could photoshop all those people out, then this would be a REALLY great picture. (except, of course, Kathryn. No one photoshops out Kathryn). I really think this one deserves a B&W conversion, but I'll have to wait until I get it off my laptop.



Mormon Temple Wedding
Mormon Temple Wedding, Rexburg, ID


I got up at about 4:00 am to get some pictures of the Rexburg temple at sunrise. I hoped for something decent I could give the couple. Not a lot of help from the atmosphere, but I like the dreamy quality that comes out of the picture.

Mormon Temple at Sunrise
Mormon Temple at Sunrise, Rexburg ID

I waited around and actually got some alpenglow later. The sun hits Moroni before anything else in Rexburg and at the same time as the mountains in the far distance. The picture looked awesome in my viewfinder and on the camera's LCD, but somehow weird on my laptop. The white balance is goofy and since it was about 40 minutes later the color in the sky is gone. I have learned over the last few months that while sunsets can be great from an hour before to a little while after, for some reasons all the great sunrise colors are an hour before the sun comes up and I have yet to get a dramatic alpenglow. Which do you like?



Comments

  1. Kayla looks great I'm happy she was able to have you there to take some pictures for her, I love the first photo. And the first temple picture looks really cool with the way the clouds in the sky are moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look lovely! I like the first one the best.
    And when you said "no one edits out Kathryn" I thought "No one puts Baby in a corner!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Chris! I love the temple with the pink skies and the flag waving. Kayla looks beautiful and her bouquet is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first sunrise shot with the vivid blue and pink sky is unreal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

EIGHT