EIGHTEEN

Portland's Japanese Garden



While driving through Portland, I saw signs that read "zoo" and I thought "eh, that could be o.k. but I'm on my way to the beach." The zoo isn't worth losing valuable wave staring time so I was going to pass on through. Then when I was nearly to the exit for the zoo, the signs got more specific. Now when I arboretum on the sign, I nearly ran others into the ditch so I could make the turn in time. 

As I started driving around the zoo grounds looking for the arboretum, there was a sign for the Japanese Garden. I got very excited. This little 2 hour detour was one of the highlights of my trips and I could have spent a whole weekend there learning how to photograph plants, garden vignettes, and take macro shots. As you look at these, your going to say "photoshop". Well, I don't even have photoshop on this computer. I did run one through an HDR processor and I have before and after pictures for that one.

Foot Bridge - Portland Japanese Gardens

Pond - Portland Japanese Gardens ***HDR***

Pond - Portland Japanese Gardens  ***Not photoshopped***

Maple Tree at Japanese Gardens

Maple Tree at Japanese Gardens


I have a few dozen pictures of the Japanese Gardens. I am going to try to do some B&W conversions.


Comments

  1. I love the way the HDR makes the colors and textures pop. Did you try an HDR process on the last photo of this post?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

NINE