NINETEEN

Haystack T&S Study


Haystack After Sunset



Normally when I shoot photos, everything is sharp, saturated, and uses the entire dynamic range of the camera. I don't want to pigeonhole my creativity, so I went for something different on my last night in Cannon Beach. It was a full moon, or maybe one day before, so I waited around after the sun set for another hour until the moon came up behind me.

With the twilight and the moonlight, I had a really flat light that worked well. Not a lot of color, and I slightly desaturated even further. The grainy look is because I shot this at 800 ISO and my Rebel is no 5D. I hope you like this because I froze my buns of to get it. It was 40 degrees and very windy and I was soaked.

Comments

  1. It was worth the wait dad, it looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it captures that cool, wet, foggy look and feel of the beach. I can almost smell the salt in the air.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

NINE