The ADD Conundrum: Who will discover photoshop's hidden secrets?

I have been super busy at school this semester, nonetheless, I have allowed myself to be sucked into the endless photoshop universe. It is my latest shiny button, the most recent loose thread on my sweater (Malcome in the Middle). What I find amazing is that every day people discover hundreds of new things photoshop can do. The people who made it don't know everything it can do, nonetheless, the manual is more like an encyclopedia than a book. In fact, I've been reading a huge book about LAB color control in photoshop. This is a minuscule subsection of one tab that most people don't know about. There are books that cover the best way to select the object in your photograph. As I understand it, many of the most common and interesting effects that people do with Photoshop weren't explicitly designed into the program; they were discovered by users.


 If you take the number of filters, effects, plugins, etc and consider the different choices each of those give, then run those numbers through standard permutation calculations, you discover that the number of techniques produceable by Photoshop is roughly equal to the number of hydrogen atoms in the universe (10 raised to the 80th power). Now ask yourself "what does this mean to the ADHD student?"


note: this post started out as a reply to Tim's comment in post ELEVEN, nonetheless, I decided it could stand on its own.


note note: look to the left. That is the book I've been reading. It showed up on the right side of my blog editing window while writing this. That's cool. Also, I think I get money if you buy that book by clicking the link. That's cool too, but, I wouldn't unless you have a very flexible schedule or sleep is optional for you. Plus, you can read it for free at the magical place called Barnes and Noble, where you can sit for hours, reading their books for free and sipping almond steamers.

Comments

  1. Have you tried any HDR post processing from single exposure RAW photos?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.

NINE