EIGHT

I am just now starting to go back through the photos from my backpacking trip through Glacier from a year ago. When I first got back, I was too miserable and sore to even think about it, then I got busy. Then I forgot. Now I'm procrastinating school work.

This was such an amazing trip. I wonder how people used to do it, slogging along with some external frame, canvas pack that weighed a ton and absorbed water and if I had to guess, it probably didn't even hold every thing you needed. I used an Arcteryx Bora 90 which kept my stuff dry, organized and on my back. In fact, the only thing wrong with my pack was it was too big. You never want to be the guy with a 90 liter pack when everyone else has a 60 liter pack.

Comments

  1. This picture is really lovely. I like how the mountains look almost purple. Purple Mountain Majesty. Oh I just noticed you titled it Purple Mountains, funny. Are you going to number every blog? Get back to work and quit screwing around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you alter the coloration at all?
    I really love it. I want it to be the background on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet. Same question as Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the colors in the picture are really cool dad. What trip is this from, the one with Tim?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't "alter" colors, just increased saturation and contrast and cropped to 4x5 aspect

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is some mineral in many of the lakes in Glacier National Park that make them turn that bright aquamarine color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors. I would love a copy of this picture, too. Actually, I would love a copy of all the pictures from the trip (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim,

    You may have taken this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CPAC Soccer Game

Choosing where to live.